At the Valentin Imperial Riviera Maya
Due to the high amount of weddings requests that we have, we kindly ask you to request the wedding date as soon as possible.
If you would like to reserve the date, please contact us to check the date availability and for us to send you the booking format required.
We do require a deposit for US $1,000.00 to reserve the wedding date.
At the Hotel Valentin Imperial Riviera Maya, we understand that all couples have their own ideas of how they want their special day to be. We try to be as flexible as possible so please feel free to forward your desires to us.
PASSPORTS (BRIDE & GROOM MUST HAVE VALID PASSPORTS)
- Blood Test: As part of the legal requirements, blood tests must be done (to determine blood type, HIV, RH factor, and venereal diseases). By law, this must be done in Mexico. You can do it at the hotel for an additional cost for your convenience.
- Witnesses: The bride and groom must have 4 witnesses. They must present their photo identification and their tourist cards. Likewise, they must arrive at least 3 business days before the wedding.
- Birth Certificates: must be apostilled. An Apostille is a form of certification requested by the Mexican authorities to validate them.
In the event that one of the two is divorced:
- Divorce Certificate: it is necessary to be divorced for at least 1 year to get married civilly in Mexico. This is government law and there are no exceptions. The divorce certificate must be apostilled.
Important information for the civil ceremony:
The couple and their witnesses must be in Mexico at least 3 business days (Saturdays, Sundays, and holidays in Mexico are omitted) before the wedding, not counting the day of arrival or the day of the wedding for meetings with the coordinator of weddings and deliver the documents to the judge. The legal ceremony is not performed unless all documents are in order.
Apostilled Marriage Certificate – after the wedding, you will receive your marriage certificate. In order to make it valid in your country, you need to get the apostille. This procedure takes 3-5 months so we will mail it to your home. Once you receive it, you must register it in your country. The apostille has an additional cost.
*Prices are subject to change without notice.
We recommend saving the date at least one year in advance. The planning times vary, but usually take from three to eight months.
Please contact us in order to book your wedding date. We will send you a wedding information request file to fill along with our terms & conditions to sign. An initial deposit of US$1,000.00 will be required to guarantee the chosen date and time.
The assistance of the wedding coordinator is included in the wedding packages of the Valentin Imperial Riviera Maya.
- Symbolic ceremonies are performed by a non-denominated minister. This wedding is not legally recognized in Mexico or any other country.
- Legal ceremonies can only be performed by an official Mexican judge. The marriage license will be valid only in Mexico. An Apostille seal will be required to legally validate the marriage in other countries.
All paperwork must be completed at least one month before the wedding. The couple must arrive at least three full business days prior to the wedding date and will need to take a blood test on property.
- Catholic ceremonies can only be performed in “San Valentin” catholic chapel by a catholic priest. This ceremony is not legally recognized in Mexico or any other country. At least one member of the couple must be of catholic religion.The couple must be in direct contact with both their parish and our local priest and parish in order to complete the marriage preparation on time. The nihil obstat letter as well as the proof of baptism, first communion and confirmation must be sent directly to our priest and local parish with the help of your local parish at least 2 months before the wedding.
Valentin Imperial offers the possibility of up to 3 weddings per day, depending on the size. Those weddings will be performed at different times and different locations. The first couple to book the date has the first choice for the time.
The Valentin Imperial Riviera Maya is an Adult-only resort. Any guest under 18 years old is not allowed on the property.
Guests who have not booked a room at the Valentin Imperial Riviera Maya can purchase a day pass or wedding pass to attend your special event. Rates can vary depending on the duration of the pass. Your wedding coordinators will provide the fees if required.
Symbolic ceremonies can be officiated by one of your guests. Refunds do not apply if this service is already included in your package.
For symbolic and catholic ceremonies, the couple must be on-site at least two full business days prior to the wedding day. For legal ceremonies, the couple must be on-site at least three full business days prior to the wedding day.
There is a backup plan in place at all times in case of rain or bad weather for all outdoor events, including your special event. Your wedding coordinator will be monitoring the weather forecast and will let you know if there is any chance of rain in order to move the pre-selected venues to the backup locations.
The Valentin Imperial Riviera Maya is an all-inclusive property. The room rate includes access to seven unlimited à la carte restaurants with no reservations required, two buffets, and eleven bars, along with 24-hour room service with an in-room menu. Private functions require a different area with a special setup, menu, and staff. All these services are offered at an extra fee.
If you are bringing your own decorations for the wedding, you must first verify with the airline if the items you wish to bring are allowed on board. Shipping the decorations is not recommended; your packages could be retained at customs and not get to you on time. In the worst-case scenario, they could not be released at all; make sure you consult a customs broker in your country in advance. We recommend that you use private shipping companies only such as DHL or FedEx. Taxes may apply on the items shipped to México depending on the estimated value.
Set up fees apply when bringing your own decoration. Special decorations can only be used during and at the location of private events.
Package inclusions are neither refundable nor exchangeable for other items or services.
In order to ensure the quality of all our events, we only work with suppliers having demonstrated high-quality standards of service and goods. If you prefer to bring your own suppliers an external vendor fee will apply. Their full information will be required in advance in order to authorize access to our facilities.
*The Valentin Imperial Riviera Maya Resort is neither responsible for your chosen external supplier’s setup nor for the performance of its services. The external vendor fee does not include meals or any other service. It is solely a right to access the property.