The Mayan wedding is a traditional ritual, with prayers in the Mayan language. Explanations and translations are provided in Spanish or English.
Accompanied by Mayan musical instruments and songs, the wedding couple walks to the altar to receive a first blessing, while copal incense cleanses and purifies the surroundings. The celebration starts with a Mayan prayer, the seashells are then blown asking for the gods’ permission and blessings from the four cardinal points. A sacred balché drink is blessed with copal incense, then offered and shared with the purpose of feeding the souls.
The wedding couple offers corn and cocoa to the Mayan gods with the intention of creating a beautiful relationship with each other. They are blessed with white and yellow flower petals representing the sun and the moon, the man and the woman and symbolizing the union of their lives.
The package includes:
- On-site wedding coordinator services
- Ceremony location: intimate white sand beach
- Traditional Maya wedding ceremony setup
- Fruit platter and sparkling wine for the wedding couple on the wedding night
- Romantic in-room decoration with rose petals for the wedding couple on the wedding day
- In-room breakfast served to the newlyweds the morning after the wedding day
(Taxes and service charges included)
Prices are subject to change without prior notice
Package inclusions for the bride and groom
Package inclusions have no cash value and are non-cumulative