The Mayan wedding is a traditional ritual, with prayers in the Mayan language. Explanations and translations are provided in Spanish or English.
Accompanied by Mayan musical instruments and songs, the wedding couple walks to the altar to receive a first blessing, while copal incense cleanses and purifies the surroundings. The celebration starts with a Mayan prayer, the seashells are then blown asking for the gods’ permission and blessings from the four cardinal points. A sacred balché drink is blessed with copal incense, then offered and shared with the purpose of feeding the souls.
The wedding couple offers corn and cocoa to the Mayan gods with the intention of creating a beautiful relationship with each other. They are blessed with white and yellow flower petals representing the sun and the moon, the man and the woman and symbolizing the union of their lives.
The package includes:
- Wedding coordinator services.
- Ceremony location: white sand beach or a romantic gazebo.
- Traditional Mayan ceremony set-up.
- Fruit platter and sparkling wine for the wedding night.
- Special decoration of the wedding couple’s room.
- In-room breakfast served to the newlyweds the morning following the ceremony.
Prices are subject to change without prior notice.
Package inclusions for 2 persons.